Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
A sales position responsible for the acquisition, growth, and retention of bank customers, with specific focus on our Preferred Program customers and mass affluent prospects. Proactively contact and service customers in the sales and service of bank products, conduct needs-based assessment of the prospective and existing client base, and engage partners to fulfill client financial needs. Utilize and promote the Retail Consultative Sales process, using the prescribed tools and partnering with the financial center team for referral activity. Work closely with internal sales partners to increase referral opportunities and provide needs-based solutions to the customer. Work closely with customers to retain and grow current and next generation wealth.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute on retail strategies and tactics to increase the Preferred Program households, fulfill customer needs, provide an excellent customer experience, while removing roadblocks to achieve goals.
- Build deep relationships with customers to earn status as trusted advisor by leveraging our consultative sales and service process.
- Demonstrate ability to simplify and communicate complex financial concepts.
- Maintain the sales and service environment by actively participate in financial center huddles and meetings to support the sales and motivational activities. Provide guidance to the Financial Center team in the referral/sales process with a specific focus on Preferred customers.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs.
- Consistently meet or exceed brokerage sales and referral goals as set by management, working in partnership with Investment Executive.
- Initiate and maintain customer and prospect contact through a variety of methods, including but not limited to customer interaction in the financial center, telemarketing, and leading and/or participating in various seminars and community events.
- Keep current on activity within business industry and economic environment to enhance ability for anticipated needs of the customer, and proactively providing new solutions for current and future financial needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in a sales environment; experience in financial industry
- Pass consultative selling skills certification and complete ongoing educational requirements as prescribed.
- Series SIE, 6, 63 and insurance licenses required.
- Series 65 must be obtained within 90 calendar days of hire with a maximum of two attempts within the 90 calendar day period.
- Have demonstrated ability to build and maintain a revenue-producing book of business, utilizing internal and external sources of customers, in the mass affluent segment.
- Position involves contact with the public, necessitating the ability to present a professional image.
- This role may work with one or more FCs, which will require some local travelling.
- This position requires SAFE Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System ("NMLS").
Preferred Relationship ManagerLOCATION -- Aurora, Ohio 44202
- Normal office environment.
- Extending viewing of computer screens.
- Occasional local and overnight travel as required.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.