Ruppert Landscape is a family and employee-owned commercial landscape construction and management company headquartered in Montgomery County, MD with operations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware and Tennessee. Our mission is to provide opportunity for our people, take excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the environment and our community.
The Assistant Field Manager is responsible for assisting the Field Manager in managing labor and material in the field to complete assigned contract maintenance and snow removal projects. In addition, field managers must develop the people that report to them. Success in this position is indicated by jobs in which contracts are renewed, jobs completed in the budgeted hours and low, negative turnover of assistants and crewmembers. This position must cooperate with other landscape management field managers and enhancement field managers to see that the overall goals of the branch are met.
- Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the company operates, the short-and long-term goals of the branch and the financial position of the branch.
- Get to know your people in an effort to help them develop within the company.
- Be an active part of our training process by attending or conducting certification training sessions on a regular basis.
- Plan, schedule and supervise daily production activities on assigned contracts.
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job hours, reports and job costs regularly and taking action as needed. Communicate budget hours to crewmembers.
- Monitor quality of work and be proactive in bringing issues to the customer’s attention by inspecting the job at the end of each day.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and equipment in good working order.
- Demonstrated skill and ability managing others at other levels.
- Demonstrated skill and ability working with service customers.
- At least one year experience doing contract maintenance work in a commercial setting.
- Two-or four-year horticultural or related degree and two years industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year degree or no degree.
- Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems and schedule appropriate treatment.
- Working knowledge of vehicles and equipment used in contract maintenance and snow removal.
- Valid drivers license with a clean record over the last three years.
What we provide:
- Competitive hourly wage
- On the job and in classroom training
- Affordable Health Benefits
- Paid Time off
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family oriented company culture
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continued Education
- Year-round opportunities for employment
Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity and E-verify Employer