The purpose of the Financial Representative is to meet the middle-income client needs for risk protection, financial security, and wealth creation by educating clients, analyzing needs, and recommending solutions in an ethical and client-focused manner. The Financial Representative provides financial solutions to the right people, in the right way, for the right reasons.
- Identify market(s) and develop appropriate marketing plan.
- Prospect and network for middle-market clients by identification of qualified names and making initial contacts.
- Contact and secure appointments with prospective and existing clients for the purpose of sales, conservation and service.
- Adequately prepare for all appointments through established processes.
- Conduct all appointments using Western & Southern Life consultative practices and processes.
- Effectively sell insurance and investment solutions.
- Effectively plan for and schedule all sales, marketing and service activities for the week and foreseeable future.
- Market for the purposes of developing the Western & Southern Life brand at the local level.
- Proactively develop community relationships to cultivate and strengthen presence in target market(s).
- Maintain personal contact with clients to ensure their evolving financial needs are being met.
- Engage in activities for continuous professional development of the skills and knowledge to effectively perform the duties of the job.
- Accurately maintain client and company records, payments, etc., in a timely manner.
- Operate an automobile during both day and night hours.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong work ethic and willing to work hours that include weekday evenings and weekend hours.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and influence skills.
- Effective communication skills including listening, speaking and writing.
- Ability to analyze client needs, understand financial products, complete collaborative discovery with client, and sell tailored solutions.
- The ability to influence others to take needed action.
- Demonstrate personal drive and resilience to achieve goals.
- Willing and able to network for new clients.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of internet and email.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.)
- Obtain and hold State Life and Health license prior to hire.
- Obtain and hold the FINRA SIE, Series 6 and Series 63 within one year of employment.
- Access to an automobile and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.