Don’t just work. Work Happy.
$1500 Sign-on bonus
$750 - first full paycheck, $750 - after 90 days of employment
(the sign-on bonus is subject to taxation)
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
- Officers are employed to protect property and life and enforce safety regulations by performing the following duties in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength, and compliance goals.
- Perform and complete all duties necessary to comply with PGCB mandated requirements, which include but are not limited to, gaming-related drops, card and dice reconciliation, inspection, cancellation, and destruction, re-issuance of poker cards, and transport of locked chip carriers and documents to and from the Chip Bank.
- Through alertness, diligence, specified procedures, and proactive attention to potential danger and security risks, the Security Officer shall protect our guests, our property, and our staff from harm or loss.
- Patrol, periodically, buildings and grounds of the facility, as directed; or stand watch, as directed, at an assigned Security post, in order to oversee the comfort, safety, and security of our guests.
- Examine various points of entry to determine that they are secure.
- Conduct inspections, in accordance with procedures, to ensure equipment and facilities are in a safe condition.
- Watch for and conduct timely reporting of irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked to the appropriate authority.
- Guard against theft of company property.
- Greet all guests and staff in a positive, friendly, and professional manner.
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow, as directed.
- With care and professionalism, ensure compliance of Hollywood Casino's responsibility to prevent over-consumption of alcohol.
- High School Diploma/GED; or six months to one year of work experience that demonstrates qualities of sound judgement and dependability; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehen simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any crednetialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking 40% of the time.
- Sitting 10% of the time.
- Standing 40% of the time.
- Bending and lifting 10% of the time.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting from $16.00 per hour, based on experience