The SVP, Business Development Leader - Central is responsible for leading the execution of regional business development priorities and growth of new and existing producer relationships. The successful candidate will align Arch Insurance specialty solutions with distribution partners and channels, while developing trusting/collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to deliver Arch’s value proposition.
This position is directly accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Lead the region’s business development plans and the team’s execution of the plans.
- Cultivate new and existing strategic relationships with clients and brokers to identify growth opportunities for Arch.
- Utilize market knowledge, and internal/external data sources to consultatively identify promising new opportunities for products/panels/programs; assess market dislocation, identify unmet market needs, and lead complex prospect opportunities with the broader team.
- Oversee the team’s regional broker engagement plans and priorities, measure results on a quarterly basis, meet with broker counterparts quarterly to evaluate progress
- Lead cross sell initiatives that align with regional growth plans and market opportunities.
- Serve as the senior Arch relationship manager for several key clients in the region; formulate strategies with clients to identify focus areas, existing product alignment and future opportunities for increased partnership.
- Oversee and own team’s involvement in local networking/professional association events.
- Act as a change champion for digitalization efforts and tools to streamline processes and execution of BU priorities, improve responsiveness, and increase transparency in relevant .
- Organizes, attends, speaks and presents at industry association meetings with sponsor solutions groups; identifies thought leadership opportunities for Arch regionally; acts as a prominent, contributing member to maintain and expand a large professional network, gain industry/market exposure and to positively represent Arch.
- Lead the ongoing implementation of Arch’s cultural value proposition throughout the by leveraging data analytics and insights.
- Proven track record of leading through influence and driving , specifically driving business development efforts.
- Broad understanding of and connectivity to the local insurance marketplace with strong marketing, technical, and product development skills
- Confident communicator
- Strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally strong record leading teams and successful cross functional collaboration
- Objective, ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- 10+ years in P&C sales, broking, underwriting, or marketing management
- Travel requirement 30-40%
- Experience managing retail and/or wholesale distribution channels
- Successful experience developing and implementing growth strategies
- B.A./B.S. preferred
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With nearly 20 years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.