Midwest Water Operations (MWO) is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Operator. This person will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and supervision of water distribution and water treatment.
- Operates and maintains water distribution system including servicing of pumps, motors, valves, generators, and equipment.
- Maintains pump stations
- Perform sample collection, preparation, and laboratory testing
- Maintain records, perform data entry, and provide detailed reporting.
- Ensures completion of work assignments within specified deadlines and in compliance with Federal and State safety regulations and procedures.
- Analyzes and evaluates pump equipment, trouble-shooting malfunctions, and monitoring of water operations.
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs of equipment and infrastructure.
- Performs facility grounds maintenance including cleaning equipment and tanks.
- Perform general landscape maintenance including mowing, trimming, clean-ups, pruning, and other typical landscape maintenance tasks.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Class 1 Water/Wastewater/Wastewater Collections Operator Certification required.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Records required.
- Experience within a water treatment environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to read, write, compile, and analyze data and reports daily.
- Ability to monitor control panels, gauges, and meters to ensure proper plant operation.
- Must be available to work weekends, overtime and ‘on-call’ as needed
MWO is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Powered by JazzHR