Construction Layout Engineer
- Review project documents.
- Understand the objections of the site survey and provides horizontal and vertical control using Total Stations.
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities. These activities would include:
- Establish control lines from control points.
- Layout Foundations.
- Layout vertical formwork such as columns and walls.
- Establish elevation control points.
- Layout decks and deck edges.
- Layout required embeds block-outs and other items required by contract.
- Assist in the performance of a variety of surveying activities.
- Provide clerical support and documentation of engineering activities.
- Maintain proper usage and storage of all surveying equipment.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related assignments as needed.
- Working during inclement weather could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site.
- Minimum of one year of experience in field engineering/layout.
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, interpersonal.
- Proficient at reading and understanding contract drawings, including but not limited to both structural and architectural drawings, with the ability to cross-check between the two documents as needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess knowledge of construction field engineering from pre-construction to completion, preferred.
About Concrete Strategies:
Our team of the industry’s most talented and knowledgeable concrete construction professionals is dedicated to putting more into the pour to ensure success in everything that we do. Through successful, full-service concrete construction projects across the United States, we have become the nation’s leading turnkey, design-build concrete contractor because we do more before we ever pour.We have an unparalleled track record in architectural site cast concrete, structural concrete, flatwork, site utilities and all types of self-performing concrete construction for commercial projects.Concrete Strategies employs over 800 office and field personnel and completes over $500 million revenue annually from our headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, as well as our other national offices. We do more before we ever pour to make sure we do every job on target and on budget. Most importantly, our commitment to safety has earned CSI a reputation as one of the top concrete contractors in the United States.