What you'll do...
Joining us as a Multi-Unit Team Leader, you'll provide leadership over three H&R Block tax offices. Using your people management experience and passion for helping people, you'll provide leadership to the customer-centric teams in the offices you manage to accelerate their seasonal tax business.
You'll serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives for three tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not required.
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
Day to day, you'll...
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all offices
- Travel between the three offices as required
- May prepare tax returns, as needed
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client needs
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)