In this role the Environmental Engineer will:
- Manage strategic air permits and compliance assurance programs with complex technical/regulatory issues in accordance with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Coordinate permit applications, amendments and renewals as needed to ensure that permits are up-to-date, permit applications contain accurate information, and permit conditions are met by the plant. Permits include, but may not be limited to SARA, Title V and Boiler MACT.
- Develop, complete, and submit as required, compliance and emissions reports in accordance with air permit requirements and state and federal regulations to NPDES or EPA prior to the regulatory deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with site stewardship leaders, operations, process engineering, project engineering staff and other regional environmental professionals.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, and compliance to company EHS policies.
Under the direction of the EHS Manager, has overall responsibility for all associated activities and processes within assigned environmental programs such as air, solid and hazardous waste, waste water treatment, and groundwater including:
Maintaining intimate understanding of permit requirements
- Maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements
- Performing required inspections for compliance
- Managing contract services for samples and inspections
- Maintaining good communication with regulatory agencies
- Staying current with regulatory climate and recommending activities to meet future regulations
- Providing technical support to the manufacturing areas
- Provide regulatory and compliance guidance/training to site employees and contractors
Required Years of Experience
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science or related field
Additional preferred skills/experience:
- Broad knowledge of chemical industry desired
- Knowledge and understanding of operations procedures & practices
- Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze data and/or material, condense, and prepare presentation materials to leadership
- Proven ability to improve environmental performance among salaried and hourly workforce
Powered by JazzHR