At ServisFirst, Our Name is Our Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Credit Analyst Intern is responsible for determining the creditworthiness of potential clients based on financial statements, borrowing history and market conditions. The analyst uses tools such as financial models, credit reports and key ratios to prepare appraisals which are provided for purposes of loan review and approval, as well as to determine terms of the loan.
The incumbent will:
- Assist in updating electronic credit files by imaging related loan and financial documents
- Assist in conducting financial analysis and underwriting of credit for new loan requests and loan maturities
- Contact Loan Officers to request necessary financial information for analysis such as balance sheets, tax returns and financial statements
- Assist in determining the strength and/or weakness of the client's credit to determine the terms of the loan
- Run reports that show past or current maturities and request necessary information
- Generate and compile various monthly reports including but not limited to past due loans, maturing loans, collateral exception reports, outstanding appraisal fees, loan type summaries and internal credit administration auditing
Note: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable otherwise qualified associates/applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Undergraduate student majoring in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in a position requiring attention to detail and data analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Sustained standing and sitting
- Frequent use of PC, including typing or sustained attention to monitor
- Occasional lifting of basic office files or equipment up to 20 lbs
- Normal office environment with comfortable internal temperatures and low level noise