Paralegal/Contract Manager Job Description
Nova Medical Centers is seeking to hire a Paralegal to join our team. You will be supporting our Chief Legal Officer with legal document preparation, handling legal correspondence, contract management as well as organizing and maintaining files. And assisting with other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Office applications. You will also need to be able to multitask effectively and thrive in a busy task-oriented environment.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Preparing contracts, real estate leases, and other legal documents.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents, and other data.
- Drafting, evaluating, and maintaining boilerplate and executed contracts covering a range of transactions.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with vendors and customers.
- Accurately maintaining files, correspondence and documentation related to contracts, leases, and other legal projects.
- Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts and legal projects.
- Monitoring contracts for renewal, amendment or termination and calendaring for stakeholder review and responsible for moving contract through review process to final disposition.
- Problem-solving contract-related issues.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 - 5 years paralegal and/or contract management experience.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and precision with strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications.
- Superior reading, writing and language skills.
- Develop understanding of the business or industry, its services, customers, and providers.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively independently or as part of a team in a busy office environment.
E Education & Training:
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree / Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel. Smartsheet experience a plus.