The QA/QC Technical Architect will perform thorough quality reviews and write detailed technical specifications to assist in creating world-class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of project types including corporate, healthcare, sport venues, data centers, airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The QA/QC Technical Architect will assist the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting architectural specifications according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- Review production drawings for healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, industrial/manufacturing facilities, and governmental and military facilities.
- Applies expert knowledge of commonly used architectural concepts, practices, codes and procedures within the architectural industry. Writes technical specifications.
- Quality review production drawings and specifications for a variety of projects and project-related data to verify design compliance with project, client, and industry standards, including constructability and cross-discipline coordination.
- Assist project leads with submittal reviews and RFI responses and provide technical guidance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the architectural practice. Mentor and guide less experienced architects.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited program is required.
- 8 years of architectural experience, consulting preferred.
- Registered Architect preferred.
- Expert knowledge in standard architectural techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revu)
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Expert attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed architectural documents and specifications.
- Experience with Uniformat, UFGS Specs, MasterFormat, Masterspec, and NYC Building Code preferred.