To effectively supervise and manage all kitchen operations; optimizing profits by controlling food costs, production, labor and increase sales through food quality, speed of service and accurately prepared food.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
- Staffs, trains and develops hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
- Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
- Follows the Bubble Theory to proactively run a shift and anticipate Guest needs.
- Follows the Hamburger Stand Theory, ensuring that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
- Carefully observes kitchen operations and addresses any issues out of alignment promptly and directly.
- Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, sanitation of food products.
- Coaches and develops talent.
- Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving and storing food products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize food waste and optimize food cost.
- Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff.
- In the absence of the General Manager and as acting Manager on Duty, oversees the entire restaurant operation.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets.
- Guest relations issues
- Vendor related issues
- Employee relations decisions with General Managers or Human Resources input as needed Customer service issues
- Ensures all Team Members adhere to recipe standards
- Team member hiring
- Team member terminations
- Sales and service objective strategies
- Recruiting strategies
Measures of Success
- Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
- Food cost waste
- Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
- Meeting or exceeding requirements for Ecosure Audit scores for the year
- Grow sales meet or exceed annual sales budget
- Team member turnover meets company requirements
- Meeting Labor Budget
- College coursework with Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a restaurant manager with extensive knowledge of restaurant operations preferred
- Prior experience in purchasing and production
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Frequent bending and stooping required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent for the kitchen in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and build top performing teams.
- Proactively identifies strong BOH candidates and "sells" Friday's in order to get the best talent on board.
- Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
- Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
- Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the kitchen.
- Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
- Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
- Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Works closely with team members to observe performance and give clear, directed feedback to help them to grow and succeed.
- Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help team members reach their full potential.
- Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
- Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
- Helps to develop and execute plans for each team member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
- Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
- Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team by living the TGI Friday's credo and values; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
- Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
- Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all team members with dignity and respect.
- Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
- Plays an active role in the kitchen; rallies the staff in peak service periods and jumps in to help wherever needed.
- Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
- Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue.
- Encourages open, honest and timely communication among team members.
- Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
- Demonstrates effective listening by being available to team members and responding to needs and concerns.
- Communicates the "why" behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
- Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
- Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Precisely executes standards of food service and preparation and consistently ensures accountability for expedient, quality results from every member of the kitchen staff.
- Ensures 100% compliance with kitchen operating procedures, recipes, and health and safety regulations.
- Sets high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
- Makes quality and efficiency the top priorities in kitchen operations.
- Holds team members accountable to meet obligations.
- Does not allow any sub-par food to go out to the guest and holds kitchen staff accountable for their efforts.
- Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
- Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional guest experience.
- Models exemplary hospitality by doing everything they can to meet guest needs and requests.
- Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits.
- Effectively balances guest needs with the need to run an efficient profitable kitchen operation.
- Stays abreast of guest comments and utilizes guest feedback to improve kitchen performance.
- Shows awareness of kitchen operations and tries to head off any potential problems that could impact guest needs or enjoyment of their meal.
- Follows up to ensure that guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
- Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
- Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
- Draw important connections and consider both short and long-term implications of decisions.
- Right or wrong - shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
- Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
- Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Supports and champions major food and menu campaigns to the BOH staff in order to drive results and grow the brand.
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
- Build support and commitment among kitchen staff by explaining purpose and goals around menu changes and other major food initiatives.
- Understands new menu items and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
- Ensures that menu changes and updates are fully integrated into the kitchen operations and sustained over time.
- Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
- Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and the kitchen's role in meeting the bottom line.
- Analyzes financial profit and loss results, guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
- Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor kitchen performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
- Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business in their location.
- Ensures consistent quality and execution of food in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
- Displays critical insight into the key drivers of business success.
- Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions.
DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT REPRESENTS THE ROLE OF A TGI FRIDAYS INC. EMPLOYEE. FRANCHISEES MAY INCLUDE DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE VERIFY ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE INTERVIEW.
Base Wage Minimum: $48,000
Base Wage Maxinum: $80,000