Responsible for supporting the Aptive team in all aspects of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) project work related to program and analytical support services, short term analyses, technical assistance, and support for its information and related programs to further the mission of SAMHSA to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness in different communities. Effectively support a broad range of program evaluation studies across multiple sites or organizations of various subpopulations.
- Applies analytic techniques in the evaluation of project objectives and implementation for the tasks including the feasibility, pilot and evaluation studies
- Prepares comprehensive written reports, presentations and charts based on research, collection and analysis of data
- Prepares evaluation reports of evidence-based findings, lessons learned, challenges and action items to support decision-making and planning
- Oversees the development of technical assistance resources to support evaluation efforts
- Designs study data collection instruments, including questionnaires, focus group moderator guides and semi-structured interview guides
- Creates evaluation and analytical plans
- Executes feasibility, pilot and evaluation studies, including identifying approaches, methodologies and timelines
- Master’s degree in public health, behavioral health, or a clinical degree and 8 years of experience including program design, evaluation, and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in majority of the following areas required:
- Experience designing and executing feasibility and pilot studies. This includes but is not limited to identifying key components of the feasibility or pilot study, the units that will participate and a procedure by which units might be sampled as well as inviting units to participate, arranging all logistics for the study, providing support to the units as the study is executed and convent the sampled units as needed throughout the study
- Experience reporting feasibility and pilot studies. This includes but is not limited to collecting and conducting comprehensive analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data and/or information on unit performance in the study and preparing high quality, professional summary reports, documents and presentations that details the evaluation questions, design, results, discussion and outcomes of the study
- Experience developing technical assistance resources to promote increased fidelity in the application of identified models. Experience designing, modifying and delivering formal and informal technical assistance to ensure data quality, including the use of various forms of computer-based and communication technologies, training curricula and presentation materials
- Experience identifying, developing and/or designing a preliminary evaluation design, evaluation instruments, data collection plan, data dictionary, data analysis plan, questions to be addressed by the evaluation study and evaluation study
- Experience developing a system for data collection tools that shall include data validation and cleaning
- SAMHSA experience desired
- Experience with mental health and serious mental illness (SMI)
- Experience with individuals experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis
- Experience with substance use disorders (SUD) including opioids
- Experience with children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Experience with individuals with co-occurring mental and substance disorders (COD)
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive compensation
· Health, vision, dental and disability plans with company contributions
· 401K plan with immediate vesting and a competitive company match
· Generous paid time off and flexible work schedules
· Flexible savings accounts
· Commuter benefits
· Company-sponsored professional education and training opportunities
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.