Global Gateway Advisors is a New York-based strategic communications consultancy that seeks an experienced, energetic, organized, and detail-oriented Finance + Billing Specialist. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and works closely with our team to manage forecasting, invoicing and accounting.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Previous career experience in a public relations, marketing or other creative agency, professional services firm or other client-facing business.
- Knowledge of the CORE BQE accounting platform (consultant time and expense tracking, project management and billing/invoicing, accounts receivable management).
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and a strong competency for Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint and Google Slides.
Time + Location
- Full time position with benefits
- Remote with periodic in-person meetings at our New York office
Financial Planning + Analysis
- Provide financial management including oversight of revenue recognition, financial reporting, forecasting, process compliance
- Serves as firm’s primary finance reporting liaison with our outside accountants and bookkeepers
- Manage and facilitate the monthly financial close process in coordination with our outside bookkeeper
- Review and verify financial and transactions entries by bookkeeper to ensure they are appropriately coded and tracked
- Manage CORE/BQE Accounting and Time Management Platform:
- Create and reconcile invoices in CORE
- Run and review reports in CORE to assist in data reporting and analysis
- Coordinate and review quarterly expense and revenue forecasts as well as annual budgets
- Analyze financial trends to aid executive leadership team in hiring, financial planning for key investment areas
- Maintains financial records for firm clients and partners
- Maintain catalog of required client reporting and ensure timely completion
- Review monthly fee and expense detail
- Analyze monthly financial statements for accuracy and explain significant variances to budget or forecast
- Manage and own operating model in order to track revenue and expenses against forecast and budget, and accounts receivable
- Calculate and evaluate financial metrics based on monthly financial data
- Provide executive leadership team with quarterly financial package describing results to date, forward projections compared to budget and commentary around noticeable trends
- Prepare quarterly financial presentations for review with the leadership team
Management + Collaboration
- Work closely with team leadership on annual firm operating budgets
- Support team counselors on preparing, verifying and sending client invoices and reviewing and updating client budget trackers
- Partner with account teams in pricing client proposals, responding to Requests for Proposals/Information and developing budgets (with oversight)
- Facilitate negotiation of client and vendor contracts between clients/vendors, account staff/senior management and legal department, including full review of all business terms (with oversight)
- Train account staff on internal finance systems, procedures and financial project management
- Review and identify opportunities or areas for improvements to account staff and management (client profitability, utilization, over/under service, missing time, revenue risk and staffing plans)
- Work with account teams to prepare staffing and revenue plan
- Review time and expense write-offs and unbilled time/fees (WIP)
Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional services client finance experience
- Professional services industry/creative agency experience preferred
- Well-organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, follows through on multiple projects and juggles conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and professionally manage questions/inquiries from across account teams, clients, accountants and bookkeepers and partners
- Strong financial analysis and management skills; good business acumen
- Ability to articulate financial concepts in layman’s terms
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable in Google environment (Google Sheets, Slides)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Client service oriented and fosters positive working relationships
- Committed to continuous learning and building your technical and leadership skills through training
Base Salary Range: $65,000-$95,000 annually
We reward hard work with competitive compensation and great benefits. Our generous time off policy is intentional–we all need time to rest and recharge. Our annual international travel stipend offers opportunities to explore different cultures and new experiences.
About Global Gateway Advisors
Global Gateway Advisors is a strategic communications consultancy focused on helping companies, nonprofits, organizations and governments to establish, grow, enhance and protect their reputation through dialogue and influencer engagement. We build credibility, acceptance, leadership and global preference for our clients by delivering excellent communications strategy while we grow our firm of knowledgeable, passionate and connected advisors.
Our people drive our culture. Our people share a common purpose of creating a better world through connection and dialogue. We value people and relationships, open-mindedness, diversity and collaboration. We have a collaborative, flexible, fun and rewarding work environment where our people and our clients are our top priority.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Belonging
We’re committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion at our firm and with our clients. It’s core to who we are. Our Equity, Belonging + Community (EBC) team leads internal initiatives every month. We advance employee awareness and engagement, affirm our commitment to being an open and inclusive firm, create positive change in our communities, and facilitate transparent and open communication on DEI-related topics and issues. We all belong here, and it matters to us that we keep this focus front and center.
We’re proud to be a certified LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE). As a majority LGBTQIA+ owned business, we support expanding economic opportunities and advancements for LGBTQIA+ people everywhere.
Global Gateway Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equality. We celebrate diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and strive to ensure a fair and consistent interview process.