We are looking for an innovative procurement manager to lead our procurement team, ideally with experience in the solar industry to jon the Headline Solar team in Hoffman Estates. You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
Our procurement manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
- Relevant college degree with preference for Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction or Business Management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Renewable Energy Industry bonus if experience with negotiating Solar contracts
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and contract management of high value and high-risk major construction project contracts
- Knowledge (suppliers, markets, trends) of the renewable energy industry
- Experience in applying efficient procurement processes, structures and analytical tools
- Highly developed analytical and communication skills, combined with a structured work style and a pragmatic hands-on approach
- Ability to challenge “conventional” thinking, considers others’ views and convinces with facts considering a proactive approach to overcome resistance
- Strong eye for detail and ensuring accuracy in exchange of information and contracts
- Team player with strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Experience and willingness to work independently in a fast-changing environment and in an international team
- Sound knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and NetSuite
- Ability to learn new systems and tools rapidly
- Spanish language skills are a benefit but not essential
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Capture business demands and handle competitive tendering, negotiation and contract execution for solar and battery storage and solar projects (residential and commercial)
- Review and adjust vendor proposals and negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive pricing and mitigate complex risk through negotiation of applicable terms and conditions
- Understand and maintain knowledge of the solar market, and develop and implement strategies to ensure cost effective supply of materials to meet the build plan
- Assist with input of CAPEX budget numbers to financial models to support project viability assessment
- Collaborate and build relationships with the development, construction and engineering leadership teams to support demand forecasting and contracting strategies
- Develop tendering and contracting strategies to support RWE Americas’ Growth Targets
- Manage documentation, budgets, schedules and key stakeholder interfaces in preparation for weekly management meetings
- Identify and run due diligence on potential new suppliers
- Act as the single point of contact to suppliers in the sourcing process Finance, Operations and Commercial,
- Manage the full sourcing process
- Guide and support stakeholders with any contract implementation, contract management or supplier-related issues
- Maintain active pricing history and data
- Manage purchase orders, variations orders, invoice workflow and documentation in NetSuite
Powered by JazzHR