|Salary:||$35,677 per year - estimated ?|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Company:||Rogers, Morris & Ziegler LLP|
We are looking for a self-motivated Legal assistant to ensure effective case management of Probate, Trust Administration and Estate Planning related matters handled by our office. The Legal assistant should have at least 3 years of experience with Probate, Trust Administration and Estate Planning. The Legal Assistant will provide a spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney which will consist of the following responsibilities and require the following skills.
· Will assist with intake of death certificate and decedent’s estate documentation.
· Will prepare and file necessary court documents to open estate, process the estate, and close the estate.
· Schedule hearings, trials, mediations and depositions.
· Locate and develop case relevant information
· Prepare certain documents associated with client’s estate planning.
· Organize and complete estate planning packages for client.
· Correspondence with the client.
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Maintain contact lists
· Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
· Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration.
· Have a knowledge of the probate process and courts rules in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade.
· Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
· Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
· Computer literacy
· Proficiency in English
· Working knowledge of case management software
· Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
· Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
· Ability to work well with a team.
· Have a general understanding of estate planning.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: