One of the area’s leading General Contractors is looking for an experienced estimator to join their team. As a full-service contractor active in the bid and negotiated markets, they work across an array of services and delivery methods, rigorously estimating, budgeting, planning, and delivering the highest quality projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create proposals for both simple and complex Request for Proposal offerings.
- Review and comment on all phases of construction documents to incorporate standards during the document development process.
- Receive and evaluate quotes for applicable scopes and alignment with bid documents.
- Ability to provide pricing based on conceptual plans.
- Qualify vendor proposals to ascertain scope duplication and/or omissions/exclusions.
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with client and vendor base and assist in maintaining contact and relationship records of those clients and vendors.
- Work, communicate and negotiate directly with vendors.
- Work with consultants to develop specifications for new projects, rehabilitation projects, and retrofits.
- Maintain a record of historical costs for use in developing preliminary cost estimates for projects.
- Directly prepare detailed quantity take-offs, and assign market-relevant cost factors to fully articulate preliminary/final construction cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Construction team to fulfill project goals by negotiating/awarding projects to vendors (demonstrating proficient creativity, conflict resolution, and negotiating abilities).
- Draft/Negotiate written Scopes of Work for Subcontractors and Material Suppliers to establish clear expectations.
- Knowledge of building codes that are applicable to the scope of work.
- Strong technical expertise in all aspects of building construction, including all general trades, plumbing trades, mechanical trades, and electrical trades, with an emphasis on energy efficiency and lean construction techniques.
- High level of attention to detail and cost analysis.
- Excellent ability to read & interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Proficient use of computer and estimating software.
- Knowledge about means, methods, and materials used in Commercial construction to determine the most cost-effective type of construction for a project.
- Must communicate well (written, verbal, and electronically) with clients, all levels of company staff, subcontracted vendors, and design professionals.
- Exceptional knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Estimating experience with commercial projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Estimating experience
- Exceptional Pay Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Insurance
- Work/Life Balance
Apply online or send resume directly to Amy Warren at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.