- Manage assigned portfolio of state/city accounts as it relates to billing activities
- Review and analyze billing specifications upon receipt of contracts. Create and maintain billing requirements documentation
- Communicate with Operations management throughout the process to ensure timely receipt of data and submission of invoices. Create and maintain billing schedules.
- Review billing data to ensure completeness and accuracy. Submit invoices for manager approval.
- Record invoices in internal system, maintain back up
- Facilitate conference calls or meetings with internal and external parties
- Lead timely coordination of internal documentation used to invoice state/city
- Handle special billing, report requests, data entry needs
- Work with IT as needed for billing report requests
- Research and respond to billing inquiries within established turnaround times. Escalate issues as needed.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external partners
- 3-5 years Billing/Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- High level of initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to handle complex, difficult, or escalated issues
- Excellent organizational aptitude and high attention to detail
- Demonstrates responsiveness and a sense of urgency when dealing with internal and external clients
- Team player with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel knowledge
- Smartsheet and Power BI experience preferable
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS: Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs, consistent use of technology/data entry