Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Job Description & Requirements
Psychiatry Physician in North Carolina
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $200000.00 - 245000.00
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic search firm, invites you to consider an opportunity to join a growing Department of Psychiatry at a highly ranked medical school. We are seeking board certified or eligible psychiatrists for the role of Staff Psychiatrist in Chapel Hill and surrounding areas.
Focused on the mission is to improve the health and well-being of North Carolinians and others who are served. This is accomplished by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. Striving to promote faculty, staff and learner development in a diverse, respectful environment where colleagues demonstrate professionalism, enhance learning, and create personal and professional sustainability. Highlights:
- Join Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team operating in Raleigh, NC, and surrounding areas. The ACT Team provides comprehensive psychiatric and rehabilitative services to individuals with serious and persistent mental illness as well as co-morbid substance use disorders.
- Provide clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary ACT Team, responsible for clinical oversight and implementation of treatment and interventions.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments, manage treatment, medications, and other interventions, and assess physical health needs.
- Provide training and clinical supervision to residents, medical students, and other mental health trainees and collaborate on relevant research projects.
- Shared management of patient care with psychiatric crisis and inpatient services within the University system when those services are essential for an individual’s care.
- Enjoy unparalleled academic resources, a quality work lifestyle, and a robust benefits package that includes:
- Strong support staff - work with experienced APP’s on your team and have the opportunity to mentor residents and fellows
- Opportunity to participate in significant and innovative research studies relevant to ACT work, including integration of occupational therapy within ACT.
- Guaranteed base salary plus productivity incentives
- Affiliation with a major academic center
- Opportunities for long-term career growth within the academic system
In addition to enjoying an excellent mix of income and quality of life, you will have the option to live in some of the most sought-after suburbs of Chapel Hill - Raleigh – Durham. Commonly referred to as "The Triangle," offers many options for families, outdoor activities, unique shops, dining, and nightlife. The Research Triangle Park (RTP) named for the three major research universities in these three cities, is one of the largest research parks in the world. This globally prominent high-tech research and development center has made the area culturally diverse, economically resilient, and nationally recognized as a great place to live.
Board eligible or certifiedJob BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md